Table of Contents
How to connect with Aave?
Click ‘Enter app’ to open the Aave application
Connect your MetaMask wallet to the platform
The home screen provides an overview of all markets and additional interests.
More explanations below.
Some of these terms wil be usefull when we borrow or lend. Check out the definition of each term below.
- Assets: Under ‘Assets’ all tokens that are supported by the platform are listed
- Market size: This is the total amount of the selected token on the platform expressed in dollars.
- Total borrowed: The total amount borrowed on the platform.
- Deposit APY: Percentage one will receive on a yearly basis when lending their tokens through the Aave platform. Percentage is variable and can change.
- Variable borrow APY: Percentage one will have to pay on a yearly basis when borrowing tokens through the Aave platform. The percentage is variable and can change.
- Stable borrow APY: Stable percentage you will have to pay on a yearly basis when you borrow tokens via the Aave platform. The stable interest rates protect you from flash crashes that can liquidate you.
Choose which blockchain to use on Aave
- Aave V1: First version of the Aave platform
- Aave V2: Newest version of the Aave platform with several upgrades.
- AMM market: First version of the Aave platform.
- Aave market Polygon: Version of Aave on the Polygon blockchain, this market only supports a limited number of tokens.
- Aave market Avalanche: Version of Aave on the Avalanche blockchain, this market only supports a limited number of tokens.
Currently the choice will be limited to Ethereum, Polygon and Avalanche.